You can enable two-factor authentication to secure your ETM Dashboard account. If enabled, the system requires the user to enter a one-time-use verification code before logging into ETM Dashboard. The code allows you to access your account after you successfully authenticate with your normal username and password.
If enabled, two-factor authentication requires PIN confirmation upon each login. If you frequently connect using the same system and browser, you can opt to "remember me" during PIN verification. This option uses a secure cookie to authenticate your browser after login. The cookie is valid for 30 days.
Enabling Two-factor authentication
- In ETM Dashboard, click My Account in the menu along the left-hand side of the page.
- Click Preferences.
- In the Two-Factor Authentication section, check "Enable Two-Factor Authentication".
- Select your preferred delivery method under Verification Method. See below for more information on delivery methods.
- Click Save to apply the change.
Delivery Method Options
ETM Dashboard provides two options to receive your one-time code.
- Email will send the code via email to the account's main email address.
- Time-based One-Time Password (or "TOTP") will send the code to a TOTP application of your choice, such as Google Authenticator.
Pairing a TOTP application with ETM Dashboard
Selecting the Time-based One-Time Password delivery option will reveal the "show QR code" button. Click that button to display the QR code. On your mobile device, open the TOTP authentication app you want to pair with ETM Dashboard and select its "pair" or "scan" feature. Scan the code on your screen to complete pairing.
Once you have paired an app with ETM Dashboard, that app is a necessary part of the login procedure. If you uninstall the app or remove the paired account and fail to disable two-factor authentication in ETM Dashboard, you will lose access to your account. In that instance, please contact Support for assistance.
Logging into ETM Dashboard
During the login process, after entering your email address and password, you will be prompted to enter your verification code. Open the paired TOTP app to retrieve the code.
On the Verification Code pop-up, you will have the option to remember the device you are logging in from. Enable this option to postpone further verification requests for 30 days.Follow